The New Year brings the arrival of a new arena partnership to the NEC Group, as the LG Arena is renamed as the Genting Arena.The 1 January saw the start of a ten year sponsorship deal of the entertainment venue (pronounced ‘Gent’ like giggle instead of jiggle), between owners the NEC Group and leisure and entertainment business Genting UK.
The partnership is further enhanced by Genting UK’s current construction of the country’s first fully integrated destination leisure and entertainment complex, Resorts World Birmingham which is situated adjacent to the Genting Arena.
For Genting UK, the sponsorship of the Arena will provide an opportunity to build the awareness of the Genting brand across the UK and to support its strategy to position the Genting name beyond that of a purely gaming focussed business to a major provider of entertainment and lifestyle experiences.
Managing Director of the NEC Group Arenas, Phil Mead said,
“The renaming of the arena brings together an exciting combination of entertainment know-how and expertise in the global leisure market, the partnership is set to secure our reputation as one of the world’s top entertainment venues.”
More about the arena:
- The Arena is one of the world’s top entertainment arenas – hosting over 90 shows per year and welcoming around 900,000 people through its doors (2013 figures). Ranked seventh in the list of ‘Top 100 Arenas Worldwide’ by Pollstar, the venue continues to host world class music, sport, comedy and family events.
- Boasting a flexible arena bowl, the venue can be dressed to accommodate intimate academy events for around 5,300 people, or hold nearly three times this at its total capacity of 15,683.
- It first opened in 1980 as the NEC Arena
- As well as great live shows, the Arena is all about giving visitors ‘more than just the main event’. Following its £29million redevelopment back in 2009, which saw LG become title sponsor, the venue now boasts an innovative pre and post-show entertainment area. Forum Live has gone from strength-to-strength and now hosts everything from acoustic acts and comedians, to dancers and magicians before shows.
- The Arena continues to attract the world’s biggest events; shows already confirmed for 2015 include Neil Diamond, Take That, Crufts, Mrs Brown’s Boys, Paul Simon & Sting and Maroon 5.
- The Arena has great catering facilities – provided by multi award winning caterer Amadeus – this means that people can arrive at the Arena and enjoy quality food and drink before the show even starts. Retail catering is available throughout the venue and visitors can enjoy everything from sustainably sourced and freshly battered fish and British chips, to Old El Paso Mexican food bar and the burger kitchen producing superior burgers Added to this, amplify offers visitors three levels of hospitality; Freestyle, Club and Air. These range from a simple drinks package to premium dining within the restaurant, Air, and are all about ‘taking your experience to the next level’.